Friday, November 22, 2013

Artist Statement

I'd like to think that I know my self completely. However, the plain blank truth is that I do not. I have noticed though that when it comes to art, I am interested in many different things. Looking back throughout my blog, I have realized that I love strong contrasts, patterns, colors, emphasis, and line. I am drawn to bold differences because I know I am a very bold person. The main reason I like bright colors is because I think that they are fun and beautiful to look at. I know for a fact that I am a very outgoing person and I am fun to be with for the most part. Also, I think that I am someone who is bold and stands out in a crowd. There is much emphasis in my life, just like a plain white plate with a huge red heart in the center of it.
 ginkgo bowl

I think that these two pieces of pottery really reflect my life in many different ways. I the outside of the piece is very neutral, however there is a couple bold flowers that surround it. I am a calm person when get to know me but when you first meet my I am very bright and life-like.

2 comments:

  1. Nice start to your artist statements. I agree that you are probably drawn to strong contrasts and bright colors because you are a very outgoing and lively person. What are you drawn to artwork that has a big emphasis item? What types of patterns do you see? What do they say about you? What type of lines do you notice? Are there any themes that keep showing up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also seem to be drawn to earth tones and items that look weathered and aged. Why do you think you like those?

    ReplyDelete